Friday, November 14, 2014

Blank check - Instagram Mini Quilt Swap item - a finish Friday


IG Mini Quilt Swap item

Finally!  a finish!  This mini is for my partner in the Instagram Mini Quilt Swap hosted by Curly Boy.

My partner didn't give me a whole lot to go, so I took that as a blank check!  I know she likes both Modern and Traditional looks and favors the cool colors (just like me).  I chose to tryout one of the blocks from Jaybird Quilt's Park Bench pattern, and then I quilted the daylights out of it - that's how I roll after all.

IG Mini Quilt swap item
You can see the quilting a bit more in this light.
As you can see, I quilted my favorite seafoam pattern in the outer border, but my favorite part are the filled diamonds.  I hope she likes it.

Untitled


Thanks for reading today,

Jen


Linking up with:


I Quilt @ Pretty Bobbins

10 comments:

  1. It turned out super pretty, I hope she LOVES it! My igminiswap quilt is ready for quilting! Unfortunately I have three other quilts to quilt before it...but it is giving me lots of time to think about it, ha. I love the quilting you chose, it's a lot of depth and movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting is amazing!! I know your partner is going to fall in love with it. It's a work of art!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lucky recipient! Lovely colour/texture fabric choices. AND amazing quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. like it?? she will love it a lovely mini quilt you have created here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jen, your quilting is amazing! You are totally rocking it! I'm sure your partner will adore it -- it's fantastic! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous - your quilting is amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab block, love the fussy cuts on the wavy fabric, and awesome quilting as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how quilted this and that it became a hexagon. I invite you to link your eye candy to Hexie Weekend, ends Monday, midnight. Love the colors too and the quilting, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilting. I love how it turned out. BTW, I too host a blog link party and would love for you to participate. It opens on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.