Friday, October 24, 2014

Oh Say Can You See - Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry

For my second entry this fall, please consider my recent finish, "Oh Say Can You See".

Hexy flag quilt

This quilt was a lesson in persistence.  I started it almost a year ago by cutting charm squares and basting a few red hexies while waiting at my kids' afternoon activities.  I got my first real push forward when I took a trip in January to visit my Gram and was able to reverse applique all the navy stars.  Then, it was back to the slow grind. I finally finished this quilt a couple of weeks ago.

It was really difficult to photograph too.  It's just so big!

Untitled


Taking a photo inside just washed out the colors, but at least I could see all of it.


Untitled


Finding a wall big enough was a challenge too. Here it is from a little further back. The dining room usually has a huge painting on this wall and a sofa underneath!


Untitled


Fun right?  I can't wait to bust this one out at a 4th of July BBQ next summer.


Hexy flag quilt close up


Quilt Stats:

Size - 105 inches x 69 inches
Pattern: found in the book, Hexa Go-Go by Tacha Bruecher
Fabrics: There are about 75 different fabrics, various manufacturers
Quilted by: Me on my Janome Horizon
Quilting Thread: Aurifil

Thanks for reading and considering me for your vote,

Jen



AmysCreativeSide.com


8 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I love flag quilts and hexies, so this is great to see. What a lovely piece, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you'd done reverse appliqué, now I like be it even more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a mountain of work in this! I can't believe you're going to let people sit on it so soon, I think I'd be funny about it for at least two years! It is gorgeous though and perfect for the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.