Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Plan B - WIP Wednesday

I really wanted to post a new finish today, but that's not really what WIP Wednesday is about right?

I've been pretty busy working on Bee Blocks this week, and managed to get a few done.  I also gave my design for the Winter Mug Rug Swap a few goes, before deciding that the technique I was hoping to work, wasn't really working.  On to Plan B....and I think these little appliqued snowflakes turned out pretty good.

WIP



I was all set to baste and quilt this little guy earlier today and I couldn't find my nice gray thread that I wanted to use.  I remember seeing it not even 24 hours ago on my sewing table, but when I wanted it, it could not be found.  I am afraid that, Lizzy, who likes to stack and "sort" my threads, might have run off with it!  Because, even though I tore my sewing room apart, I couldn't find the spool!  I am a bit annoyed that I will now need to brave JoAnn's tomorrow morning just to get some thread because my kids can't keep there hands off my stuff!!!!  UGH.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5...6.....7......8......9......and 10.  Ah,

That counting crap doesn't work!

I thought for about 10 seconds of hand quilting it, but my head really wants to see some FMQ.

This Wednesday...



Completed Projects:
  • December Free Motion Challenge Item - this was actually done a few weeks ago, but I haven't posted a WIP Wednesday since.
  • 2 Bee Blocks for the We Be Learning Bee, posted here
  • 2 Bee Block for the Make it Modern Bee (come back on Tuesday to see those)

On-going Projects:

AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
  • My Blue & White One Block Wonder -This is my January UFO and it still needs to be backed, basted and quilted.
  • How Far Will You Go? QAL - Time to piece my top together and quilt it.
  • Star of Africa Bee - catch up time!!  I am ashamed by how far behind I got on this one.
  • Handstitched Medallion Quilt - quilting in progress.  I have the center done and am working on the middle borders at the moment.
  • Winter Mug Rug Swap at the Crafty Gemini - needs quilting.

Back Burner:

These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
  • Miscellaneous sewn gifties - started, but at this point, they will be random gifts for throughout the New Year
  • Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - top needs to be put together. It is ridiculous that I haven't just slapped this one together
  • Charity quilt for the guild - not started.   
  • NEW Baby quilt - two friends are having a babies soon, and it sounds like a perfect reason to make a couple new quilts, right?  
The Back, Back Burner:

Lightning would have to strike twice, but I like to keep this category going just to remind me what I have in the pipeline.
  • Handstitched goodies - several small projects in limbo.  
  • Star Circles aka New York Beauty blocks - time is coming to get back to these

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 3
New projects - 1
Currently in Progress - 5

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post!

Thanks for reading,

Jen

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced









2 comments:

  1. Your applique snowflake looks really wintery...nice choice.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that I am not the only one who loses things, although I can't blame anyone else! Hope you don't do as I do and end up buying a lot more than thread when nipping out to replace a spool!

    Really like your wintry snowflakes. There is apparently snow heading our way this weekend so they are very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.