Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I've got an itch - WIP Wednesday

Oh, have I got an itch!  An itch to start a new project.  So far I have avoided scratching said itch, but I am not a person known for self control!

For example, I have tried to put myself on a fabric diet for months, but that hasn't exactly worked out (in fact I have a package due to arrive on my doorstep this week).  Do I need more fabric?  No!  Have I been able to use some of the wonderful fabric I have purchased lately?  Well, have you seen any fabric using my huge stash of Flea Market Fancy?  Happy Drawing?  Polka Dot Stitches?  How 'bout Tula Pink Birds and the Bees?  (just to name a few)  So no, not really.

What have I been working on?  Blocks, and pillowcases.

More Hurricane Sandy Blocks
This Wednesday......

Completed Projects:

On-going Projects:

AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week".
  • Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - awaiting quilting.
  • Totally Groovy Quilt Along - Ok, this one was done, but now it needs to be patched up, so back in the WIP pile.
  • Star of Africa Bee - October's block is due by the 15th of November.  The theme is favorite children's book characters/fairy tales, etc.  MY problem is that most of my favorites are British!  I have finally found a few American stories in our library that are favorites.  I hesitate to tell you which ones, because the blocks won't be easy.  Stay tuned...
  • Preschool Pillowcases - WHY did I start with the hideous fleece fabric they gave me???  I have discovered that I don't like working with fleece.  It's far to easy to stretch, and I can't help but think it is the absolute WORST fabric for pillowcases.  What were they thinking?  I don't know, so I will just persevere.  Up next, flannel.  I am pretty sure, the school was hoping to get more cases out of the fabric they gave me (I am already using every scrap), so I think I will supplement with regular cottons from my stash - I mean they must need some regular cotton cases too, right?  This is Southern California.  We have HOT days even in the middle of winter.  Don't want those little babes curling up with a fleece pillow when it is 90 degrees out (like yesterday for instance)!
  • How Far Will You Go? QAL - Catch up in progress. 
  • Miscellaneous sewn gifties - time to get started on gifts.

Back Burner:

These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
  • Handstitched Medallion Quilt - The last borders still need to be redone and sewn back on.
  • Olivia's Appliqued Quilt - this one is part of my 100 Day Hustle List.  The blocks are done, but need to be put together, backed, etc.
The Back, Back Burner:

Lightning would have to strike twice.

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1+
New projects - 1
Currently in Progress - 6

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post!  The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and .
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Nice hurricane blocks! I just finished some last night too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that fabulous fabric is just waiting for inspiration to strike! When it does you will have the perfect fabric just sitting there waiting, isn't that how it works??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is very hard to refrain from fabric shopping! In fact, quite impossible at times:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a list, I think the hurricane's got us all working hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder for the Sandy blocks. Fleece? For pillowcases? Did they think that through? Think of the static hair, as well as the heat!!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.