Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beginner Quilt Along Week 1 - Trial and Error Tuesday


Beginner’s Quilt-Along

I completed my first block for Quilting Gallery's Beginner's Quilt-Along.


That's one big 9 patch!  Of course, they are calling it Play a Game of Hopscotch to make it more fun for summer.

Jamie at Stitches to Sprinkles and I were discussing choosing fabrics for this quilt along.  She has chosen some Bunny Hill fabric that is just going to look marvelous!  I agonized over what to use.  Do I dive into my beloved Flea Market fancy even though there are at least 2 patterns I hope to use it with?  Do I dare order more?  Then it came to me like a slap in the face one night, "You big dope!  Pick a couple colors and use fabrics in your stash.  That's what samplers were made for silly!"  So, I chose pink, because with 3 little girls, someone is always wanting something new that is PINK!

Can't wait to see what the next block is!

Jen


2 comments:

  1. Love ut! I'm waiting on a kona white charm pack to finish mine. My block will be shocking pink, turquoise, limeand yellow retro print. Isn't it fun to see everyone's fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the grey and pink fabric. Do you remember what it is?

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.