Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WIP Wednesday - walking on eggshells

Is it Wednesday already?  Sadly, I have spent most of my time recently talking to insurance companies and mechanics thanks to a minor accident over the weekend.  Thankfully, no one was hurt and the kids were NOT in the car!  But boy, do I miss the sewing time.  I found myself overly "snappy" tonight - I need some quiet release!

All clipped down and ready to go 

Got pins?

I spent my only free time today pinning the layers together on my Bee Happy quilt.  I couldn't believe it, but I ran out of pins before I finished the borders!  I usually only have one quilt pinned at a time and didn't realize that my Batik Stripe quilt was still pinned too.

Tomorrow is volunteer day at the school.  Friday I will be there almost all day too since it is training for another art project for the kids.  I sure hope I get some sewing done soon, or my head my pop off!

Completed Projects:



On-going Projects:

  • Hands2Help Bee Happy Quilt - It is almost completely sandwiched.  
  • Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge, gotta dig this one out of the closet.
  • Free-Motion Challenge Placemat for May - I am determined to finish before the last days of the month
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!


Back Burner:

  • New York Beauty Quilt A Long
  • Urban Nine Patch - I am sew excited about starting this new project, but it really should wait until Bee Happy is done, and I will likely make the Urban Table Runner pattern first, just to figure out how the ruler works, but what colors should I choose -- too many choices.
  • Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - due second week of June!
  • Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.


This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 4

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. I <3 this quilt! Did you applique on those bees? So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.