Friday, March 30, 2012

Lincoln UFO (slow) progress

My goal for today was to lay out my blocks and get my flimsy put together so I could say I at least had THAT done by the end of the month.  Somehow, laying out the blocks took me all day!  I just didn't have a good system going into it and I had to start over at least once.  It was harder than I thought to make sure that I didn't have any repeated fabric right next to each other.  Several hours later and I had the layout complete:

But that's all I had time to do.  I labeled and stacked them and they are ready for sewing.  Of course, that won't happen until after the weekend at the earliest!  Maybe Monday...

3 comments:

  1. This was not what I imagined for Lincoln quilt. And that is precisely my problem - I cannot imagine some of these awesome pattern variations. This is not your standard pattern. This has pzzazz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was not what I imagined for Lincoln quilt. And that is precisely my problem - I cannot imagine some of these awesome pattern variations. This is not your standard pattern. This has pzzazz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooooooWWWWW !! Its going to be B E A U T I F U L !!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.