Sunday, January 1, 2012

18 days to the Road to California Quilt Show

I really can't wait.  There's nothing like a quilt show to inspire you to quilt like crazy!

I am lucky enough to get a few "Mom-cations" each year, and this is the first of 2012.  I am signed up for classes Wednesday through Friday, and I have enough time between classes to go see the show itself.  It is always a fun one.  A real treat - I am even staying overnight - even though I only live an hour or so away!  So there is a chance I might even get some evening sewing time in too! AND....one of my quilting friends is coming too.  I couldn't ask for a better Mom-cation to start the year off.

If you are in the Southern California area, try to stop by one day.  It is inspirational!  It is January 19th-22nd at the Ontario Convention Center.  Or check out the website www.road2ca.com

On a different note, the kids don't go back to school for another 2 days, so I doubt much sewing will occur in my house.  But, I am excited to report that Judy at Patchwork Times (www.patchworktimes.com) has chosen the project that the UFO-ers will be working on this month -- #5!  I had to rearrange my list a little before the submissions close in a few days.  I had originally put two quilts for swaps on my list, but those have due dates of their own.  I can't wait until their numbers are chosen to start them.  So my final list is on my UFO challenge page.

I am excited to start working on #5 - my tile Batik project.  I have been collecting the fabrics for a while and finally have what I need to get it started.  Plus, my mother-in-law has been eyeing a few of the things I have been making over the last year, and this might be the project to give to her if it turns out well.  Of course, I have yet to actually keep anything for myself too......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.