Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Newbie mistake

I've been working furiously on my nieces quilt so it will be done by Sunday. I seem to be going in slow motion. Part of the problem I have mentioned before - I undertook more than I should when it came to the quilting design. Last week when I started the quilting, I thought how nice it was that I was getting all this free motion practice (especially with the free motion project challenge coming up next month). Now I have 8 of the 12 blocks done, and some of the border. It wasn't until now that it dawned on me that here is this cute pattern of machine applique, heavily quilted with fancy designs (well, attempted fancy designs), and because of all that quilting and thread from the appliqué, the darn thing is not cozy. A newbie mistake. I had hoped that the one year old would take comfort in the blanket during her stay at the hospital.

Well, it's too late to turn back now. So she probably won't cuddle with it. It will end up being the cutest diaper changing pad ever, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. The quilt is beautiful!! I saw the photo of it in the next post (I'm reading backwards chronologically). And wow-- the quilting on it is amazing. Maybe she can use the quilt for tummy time. I'm sure they will love and appreciate it even if its not as soft and cuddly as you had wished.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.